Our purpose at The Little Potato Company is “Save the potato. Feed the world, better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
The Sale Coordinator (Maternity Leave position – 12 months) is responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with our customers and our broker partners. The end goal is to provide our customers with exceptional service throughout the sales process. This position will report to the Customer Service Supervisor, and will be based in our Edmonton, AB Office.
Duties and responsibilities
- Deal directly with customers/company Broker partners either by telephone or electronically.
- Deal directly with The Little Potato Company outside Sales Directors/Regional Sales Managers on any customers or brokers concerns. (For example, working with the Regional Sales Manager in creating a customer logistic schedule).
- Ensure timely responses to customer inquiries and complaints are completed and delivered expeditiously. (For example, a customer may have a missing shipment).
- Work effectively with company transportation team to locate missing shipment and provide a timely resolution to customers.
- Verify and process purchase orders accurately and in a timely manner. For example, Sales Coordinator would be assigned a list of customer’s orders to enter and in which the Sales Coordinator would need to have all orders keyed in by order cut-off.
- Work closely and cohesively with other departments to solve customers’ issues. (For example, a customer may request an additional delivery day to help level set orders in a week).
- Work with outside sales team, transportation team and planning team to create a new logistic schedule.
- Monitor that all sales processes are adhered to. (For example, orders are keyed in by noon, and bins lead time are maintained).
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in a sales position with a medium to large sized company.
- Post-secondary education relating to sales or marketing is an asset.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Listening skills.
- Problem solving.
- Must be able to multi-task and also to prioritize (focus on time-sensitive issues that arise).
- Ability to work in a close team environment as well as work independently.
- Willingness to learn and adapt.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s inspiring around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER
If you’re an innovative Coordinator looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected].
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about us please visit https://www.littlepotatoes.com/en/about/