Our purpose at The Little Potato Company is “Save the potato. Feed the world, better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
In this critical role, the Maintenance Technician is responsible to safely and effectively repair, install, and maintain production, building, and property equipment.
This position will report to the Maintenance Manager and will be based in our Edmonton, AB Plant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure safe and effective installation, modification, and replacement of machinery and parts.
- Maintain a spare parts inventory and order spare parts according to procedures.
- Maintain all plant equipment and supplies.
- Work during scheduled shutdowns, shift work, and, when necessary, overtime hours to accommodate scheduled maintenance of equipment.
- Ensure that the necessary paperwork such as daily work time sheets and log reports are complete and accurate.
- Promote teamwork, cooperation, and effective communication within the department and Company.
- Work with machinery which includes conveyors, packaging machines, labelling machines, air compressor & related systems, process equipment etc.
- Perform repairs on plant equipment in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
- Perform various welding, machining or fabricating duties as assigned.
- Perform preventive maintenance duties on plant equipment such as cleaning, greasing, oil changes, filter replacements.
- Work closely with plant personnel to ensure equipment is in good, sound working condition.
- Know the safe effective use of hand tools and power tools.
- Troubleshoot all mechanical & electrical equipment in building.
- Report unusual hazard circumstances or deficiencies immediately.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises.
- Heavy physical effort. Requires handling of heavy weight objects and a large amount of standing or walking.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks which require following basic safety precautions.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Maintenance Manager.
- 3+ years’ experience maintaining food or industrial plant equipment.
- Journeyman Millwright Ticket required.
- Solid understanding of rotating and stationary equipment maintenance as well as preventive and predictive maintenance systems.
- Good technical, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, millwright and/or welding skills.
- Moderate computer skills would be an asset.
- Flexible to work rotating shifts, night shift, overtime and weekends when required.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, conflicting demands, and frequent interruptions.
- Capable of working as a member in a self-directed team.
- Able to maintain record keeping systems and procedures.
- Willingness to learn and be trained in the job.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s inspiring around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
If you’re an innovative Maintenance Technician looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected].
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about us please visit https://www.littlepotatoes.com/en/about/