Our purpose at The Little Potato Company is “Save the potato. Feed the world, better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
In this exciting new role, the Agronomy Technician will be responsible for supporting the Senior Agronomist on data collection and reporting of research and field extension activities throughout the Southern Alberta growing region and other supporting regions. This position will report to the Senior Agronomist and will be based in the Southern Alberta area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Field sampling at planting, in season and prior to harvest.
- Reporting and analyzing field data.
- Actively participating in research trials within the region.
- Communicating with growers and internal stakeholders on field observations and recommendations.
- Storage monitoring, reporting and management.
- Crop scouting with observational reports on crop stage, weeds, insect, disease etc. in field
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture.
- Professional Agrologist Designation or eligibility.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in Agri-Science Industry.
- Farming background considered an asset.
- Certified Crop Advisor Designation considered an asset and encouraged for professional development.
- Driver’s license required.
- Travel frequency 20% to growing regions when required (Canada and USA).
- Potato industry experience considered an asset but not required.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Effective time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others.
- Proven ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Proficiency with the use of computers and Microsoft office programs.
- Ability to work in outdoor conditions (fields and storage).
- Ability to lift up to 50lb samples.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s inspiring around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
If you’re an innovative Technician looking to transform an industry, we want to hear from you. Please submit your information to us at [email protected].
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about us please visit https://www.littlepotatoes.com/en/about/