Our Purpose at The Little Potato Company is “Feed the World, Better.”
We believe everyone, everywhere deserves to have healthy, great food.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety, and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
The Western Regional Retail Sales Manager position requires demonstrated sales success in the branded Consumer Packaged Goods or Produce industries. The primary focus for this role is to drive volume and share through sales execution at the retail and wholesale head office level. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for executing the strategic sales plans, including brand plans, at key retailers and wholesalers; finding and developing new business opportunities; creating value for customers which correlate to high customer satisfaction; and maintaining relationships across functions, business units and geographic boundaries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute strategic sales plans including brand plans at key retailers and wholesalers in Western Canada.
- Create tailored sales presentations for key accounts.
- Drive volume and share through sales execution at the retail and wholesale head office level.
- Deliver results in distribution, turns, shelving, merchandising, and promotions within assigned budgets and strategies.
- Communicate & engage the merchandising (broker) teams and marketing groups as required to maximize potential.
- Communicate retailer plans to merchandising (broker) teams to drive in-store execution.
- Work-with’s in field with broker sales teams, on-board new team members & participate in monthly meetings as needed.
- Conduct monthly and/or quarterly business reviews with customers and brokers.
- Collaborate and manage priorities with broker partners to execute plans and achieve budget.
- Manage trade spend budget.
- Work with Demand Panners on regular volume forecasts and management.
- Meet all administrative deadlines.
- Determine volume building opportunities and present to Director.
- Research, identify, and develop new business development opportunities and devise methods to take advantage of these opportunities.
- Address and provide solutions for shortfalls and risks to sales plan.
- Represent the Company in a highly professional manner consistent with the image of The Little Potato Company.
- Required minimum of 7-10 years sales experience in CPG or Produce industry, demonstrating progressive responsibilities and achievements.
- Extensive market knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Head office selling experience with key retailers (applicable by region).
- Direct selling experience versus a brokered or third party sales team.
- Branded Premium experience in CPG or Produce.
- Travel as required up to 30-40% within Canada and the U.S.
- Proficiency of technology and software tools to prepare and deliver persuasive sales presentations, manage sales forecasts, and track and analyze all sales performance by account.
- Strong appreciation for our values and culture.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to build professional relationships at multiple levels throughout the retailer organization.
- Highly analytical with demonstrated understanding and use of syndicated data and internal shipment information.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Power Point, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Self-confident, self-starter with a drive to succeed.
- Proactive, searching for opportunities in addition to executing base plans.
- Customer, Consumer and Team focused.
- Persistent and optimistic.
- Organized, prepared and efficient.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing business needs.
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Meeting budgeted sales volume and profit.
- Elevate and nurture sales connections with all customers.
- Successful management and collaboration of our broker partners.
- Efficient and effective communication to our customer service team.
- Forecasting accuracy.
- Living the values of The Little Potato Company.
Apply for this role
You can apply directly for this role by following the link below.Apply Now