Production Supervisors plan, organize, direct, manage, evaluate and are responsible for directing the production team to meet customer needs and achieve standards related to cost, line efficiencies, waste, quality, order fill, safety and productivity. This individual is responsible for leading general production employees. There will be other duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Lead production employees and lead hands to achieve performance standards with regards to Good Manufacturing Practices, safety, line utilization and quality.
• Maintain and improve quality by establishing and enforcing organizational GMP standards, as well as USDA regulations.
• Orientate and monitor employee performance; providing coaching/training as needed.
• Create and approve employee schedules including overtime hours worked and time off requests.
• Interview, select, coach, train, manage and appraise the performance of production staff, including disciplinary.
• Oversees and assures facility equipment reliability to minimize downtime.
• Maintain general oversight of building conditions with particular attention paid to cleanliness, product storage, safety concerns, product damage prevention and internal security concerns.
• Manage through floor presence, group interaction, and analysis of production data with pre-determined productivity expectations.
• Problem solve, negotiate, and address staff challenges.
• Implement and actively ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and Health & Safety legislative requirements, specifically helping to create and promote a positive safety, quality and production culture.
• Ensure GMP & HACCP protocols are in place.
• Strive for continuous improvement, thru-put, make recommendations, and encourage employee feedback & suggestions.
• Lead by example at all times by adhering and promoting company procedures and policies.
• Other duties/projects as assigned by the production manager.
• Responsible for maintaining and improving programs to ensure high effective food safety and quality.
• High School Diploma or equivalent desired.
• 3+ years of work experience in a high-speed manufacturing environment required, preferably consumer packaged goods.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish
• Strong interpersonal, decision-making and communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
• Strong computer and organizational skills.
• Able to work under minimal supervision.
• Supervisory experience is required.
• Forklift/ scissor lift trained preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office.
• Able to follow lockout procedures.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Effective time management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to accurately appraise situations and make decisions; deal effectively and cooperatively with others.
• Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others.
• Proficiency in the basic use of the computer and Microsoft office programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, bend, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or twist. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Exertion of physical strength to push, pull, move and lift objects up to 50 pounds from one level to another at varying heights. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be subject to some discomforts, such as extreme heat, cold, dust, odors, noise, and hazards, such as closeness to moving mechanical parts and exposure to powered machinery.
Must possess the ability to read, analyze and interpret business and technical documents, flow charts, budget information, procedure manuals and so on; the ability to prepare required routine reports and correspondence; ability to communicate effectively with others, using skill and diplomacy and have the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
Must possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, using whole numbers/decimals and the ability to apply concepts of business math and statistics to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram format. Must possess strong knowledge, understanding and experience in various problem-solving and participatory management techniques.
Must possess knowledge and experience in automated systems and terminology and the ability to develop and interpret related reports using ERP, spreadsheet, word processing and graphics software. Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines, such as a computer and keyboard, a calculator, telephone, FAX, photocopier and so on.
SAFE QUALITY FOODS:
All staff are responsible to report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
In the event key personnel responsible for this role are unavailable, an appropriately trained backup has been assigned to cover the duties to ensure the integrity of the SQF System.
The Little Potato Company USA, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Apply for this role
You can apply directly for this role by following the link below.Apply Now