The Production Planner will be responsible for providing the timely planning and scheduling of the comprehensive production schedule and ensuring the effective and efficient use of production manpower and minimized interruption to operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Draws up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to customer orders.
- Daily inventory count and reconciliation of raw & finished product in coolers with smoothie and NAV.
- Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
- Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Prepares production/KPI reports using Excel or other tools as required.
- Prepares lists of required materials prior to next production run.
- Review all paperwork/processes for accuracy and coordinate timely outbound deliveries/inbound receipts with clerical team.
- Maintain general oversight of building conditions with particular attention paid to cleanliness, product storage, safety concerns, product damage prevention and internal security concerns.
- Manage through floor presence, group interaction, and analysis of production data with pre-determined productivity expectations.
- Implement and actively ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and Health & Safety legislative requirements. Ensure GMP & HACCP protocols are in place.
- Strive for continuous improvement, make recommendations, and encourage employee feedback & suggestions.
- Minimum 2 years of scheduling experience.
- Experience in a distribution or manufacturing work environment.
- Strong computer literacy with Microsoft Office products.
- Strong interpersonal, decision-making and communication skills.
- Able to work with all levels of employees from production to senior management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to perform repetitive hand and upper body movements, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, bend, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or twist. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Exertion of physical strength to push, pull, move and lift objects up to 50 pounds from one level to another at varying heights. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be subject to some discomforts, such as extreme heat, cold, dust, odors, noise, and hazards, such as closeness to moving mechanical parts and exposure to powered machinery.
Must possess the ability to read, analyze and interpret business and technical documents, flow charts, budget information, procedure manuals and so on; the ability to prepare required routine reports and correspondence; ability to communicate effectively with others, using skill and diplomacy and have the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Living the values of The Little Potato Company.
Apply for this role
You can apply directly for this role by following the link below.Apply Now