Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician is responsible to safely and effectively repair, install, and maintain production, building, and property equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Ensure safe and effective installation, modification, and replacement of machinery and parts.
• Maintain a spare parts inventory and order spare parts according to procedures.
• Maintain all plant equipment and supplies.
• Work during scheduled shutdowns, shift work, weekends, and overtime hours to accommodate scheduled maintenance of equipment.
• Ensure that the necessary paperwork such as daily work time sheets and log reports are complete and accurate.
• Perform other tasks as requested by the Maintenance Manager.
• Promote teamwork, cooperation, and effective communication within the department and company.
• Work with machinery which includes conveyors, packaging machines, labelling machines, air compressor & related systems, process equipment etc.
• Perform repairs on plant equipment in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
• Perform various welding, machining or fabricating duties as assigned.
• Perform preventive maintenance duties on plant equipment such as cleaning, greasing, oil changes, and filter replacements.
• Work closely with production personnel to ensure equipment is in good, sound working condition.
• Know how to operate hand and power tools in a safe and effective manner.
• Troubleshoot all mechanical and electrical equipment in building.
• Report unusual hazardous circumstances or deficiencies immediately.
• Heavy physical effort. Requires handling of heavy weight objects and a large amount of standing or walking.
• Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks which require following basic safety precautions.
• Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 3+ years experience in a maintenance function with food or industrial plant equipment.
• Journeyman Millwright Ticket is an asset.
• Solid understanding of rotating and stationary equipment maintenance as well as preventive and predictive maintenance systems.
• Good technical, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, millwright and/or welding skills.
• Basic computer skills would be an asset.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, conflicting demands, frequent interruptions.
• Ability to work as a member of a self-directed team.
• Ability to maintain record keeping systems and procedures.
• Willingness to learn and be trained in the job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, bend, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or twist. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Exertion of physical strength to push, pull, move and lift objects up to 100 pounds from one level to another at varying heights. The employee is required to work at varying heights in a scissors lift bucket, sometimes as high as 30 feet. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be subject to some discomforts, such as extreme heat, cold, dust, dirt, mud, wet conditions, odors, noise, and hazards, such as closeness to moving mechanical parts and exposure to powered machinery. The employee may get dirty, wet, or muddy while performing duties of this job.
Must possess the ability to read, analyze and interpret business and technical documents, flow charts, budget information, procedure manuals and so on; the ability to prepare required routine reports and correspondence; ability to communicate effectively with others, using skill and diplomacy and have the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
Must possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, using whole numbers/decimals and the ability to apply concepts of business math and statistics to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram format. Must possess strong knowledge, understanding and experience in various problem-solving and participatory management techniques.
Must possess knowledge and experience in automated systems and terminology and the ability to develop and interpret related reports using ERP, spreadsheet, word processing and graphics software. Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines, such as a computer and keyboard, a calculator, telephone, FAX, photocopier and so on.
SAFE QUALITY FOODS:
All staff are responsible to report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
In the event key personnel responsible for this role is unavailable, an appropriately trained backup has been assigned to cover the duties to ensure the integrity of the SQF System.
The Little Potato Company USA, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Apply for this role
You can apply directly for this role by following the link below.Apply Now