The Business Partner – HSE & People Operations is responsible for implementing HSE goals, managing HSE compliance in the US., and providing support on People Operations related activities. These functions include, but may not be limited to, providing day-to-day HSE expertise and consultation to operational partners, recruiting, employee relations and performance management. This person will serve as a key liaison to operations by providing the HSE and People Operations focus through programs, in accordance with business and workforce priorities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Health Safety & Environment
• Implement and monitor compliance of applicable OSHA standards, the Company’s HSE policies, procedures and programs in the US operations.
• Collaborate with management team and Sr HSE Manager to determine health and safety goals and strategies for the company ensuring that they meet all fiscal, strategic and legislative requirements.
• Research occupational health and safety information and industry best practices to eliminate or reduce occupational risks in the work place.
• Lead and review the analysis of incident data and provide recommendations for areas of improvement.
• Lead the safety committee and serve as team resource for health, safety and environment.
• Provide expertise and support manager/supervisor in completing hazard assessment, workplace inspection, incident investigation, and distribute report on findings and lessons learned.;
• Conduct HSE orientation and training for employees, contractors and visitors
• Provide expertise to management and plant personnel in the areas of health, safety and environmental issues.
• Work with management and follow up on HSE non-compliance offenses.
• Review job site safety compliance inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures, write reports and recommendations.
• Manage work compensation claims; ensure timely completion of the reporting documentation required.
• Ensure the documentation and retention of all health and safety-related records for the prescribed time limits.
• Keep informed on new laws, regulations, developments, methods, and techniques in the human resources field.
• Review, update, maintain and ensure adherence to company policies and procedures, including company handbook.
• Participate and attend meetings, as necessary, of managers, supervisors, and work units to ensure effective interpersonal communication among participants, as well as to address human relations issues.
• Listen and address employee issues that arise. Conduct workplace investigations as appropriate, make recommendations and implement appropriate action to resolve workplace issues.
• Assist at coordinating recruiting, tracking of applications, interviewing and selection of hourly employees to fill vacant positions.
• Assist in coordinating the internal job posting procedure related to recruitment, interviewing, and selection.
• Work closely with staffing agencies to ensure staffing levels are maintained.
• Assist in coordinating the performance management system for hourly performance appraisal program, schedule and track appraisals.
• Confer with management to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training for employees to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, and technologies.
• Formulate teaching outline and determine instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, team leader training, conferences, meetings, and workshops.
• Supports talent acquisition team and recruitment activities for the business unit. Strategize on the most effective recruiting channels for filling open positions; interviews, makes recommendations and develops staffing terms for new hires, promotion, transfers and separations.
• Leads and participates in training and onboarding programs, safety and company.
• 3-5 years of Human Resources and Safety experience.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in food manufacturing would be an asset.
• SHRM certification would be an asset.
• Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and reporting requirement strongly desired
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of the workers’ compensation legislation preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft including Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel and SharePoint.
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures with regards to Health and Safety policies and regulations.
• Must be extremely organized and a self-starter; able to work with limited supervision.
• Strong interpersonal and trouble-shooting skills; deals with conflict effectively.
• Must be a strong multi-tasker and must excel at coping with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
• Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
• Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives.
• Proven ability to establish goals and set clear expectations, organize and prioritize activities, and follow through with timely execution in a cross functional team environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Detail-oriented and analytical nature.
• Ability to work an occasional 2nd or 3rd shift as needed due to operational requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, perform repetitive hand and upper body movements, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, bend, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or twist. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Exertion of physical strength to push, pull, move and lift objects up to 50 pounds from one level to another at varying heights. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be subject to some discomforts, such as extreme heat, cold, dust, odors, noise, and hazards, such as closeness to moving mechanical parts and exposure to powered machinery.
Must possess the ability to read, analyze and interpret business and technical documents, flow charts, budget information, procedure manuals and so on; the ability to prepare required routine reports and correspondence; ability to communicate effectively with others, using skill and diplomacy and have the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
Must possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, using whole numbers/decimals and the ability to apply concepts of business math and statistics to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram format. Must possess strong knowledge, understanding and experience in various problem-solving and participatory management techniques.
Must possess knowledge and experience in automated systems and terminology and the ability to develop and interpret related reports using ERP, spreadsheet, word processing and graphics software. Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines, such as a computer and keyboard, a calculator, telephone, FAX, photocopier and so on.
SAFE QUALITY FOODS:
All staff are responsible to report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
In the event key personnel responsible for this role is unavailable, an appropriately trained backup has been assigned to cover the duties to ensure the integrity of the SQF System.
The Little Potato Company USA, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Apply for this role
You can apply directly for this role by following the link below.Apply Now