Our purpose at The Little Potato Company is “Save the potato. Feed the world, better.”
Because we believe everyone, everywhere deserves to eat good, healthy food. And it all starts with our little Creamer potatoes – one of the most economical, energy efficient, and highly nutritious food crops available.
We are a dynamic team that embraces diversity and unique differences, holding every employee in the highest regard, while fostering an award-winning workplace where health, safety and fun combine to create an environment where everyone feels like family.
Come join our rapidly expanding company and help us transform the entire potato industry – one little Creamer at a time!
The General Labourer (Palletizer) will be on the afternoon shift (second shift). This is an entry level position that is responsible for lifting packed product onto a pallet and successfully moving finished pallets into the shrink wrap area as per company spec.
This position reports to the Production Supervisor and will be based in the Edmonton facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Visually check packed boxes in accordance with quality standards and eliminate packages with any damaged or unacceptable potatoes.
- Report excessive product damage to the Machine Operator/Production Supervisor.
- Able to operate manual pallet jack to move finished pallets.
- Assemble an adequate supply of cardboard boxes and Chep (U.S.) pallets for usage during each packaging run.
- Inform the Plant Supervisor or quality control of all quality issues immediately.
- Stacks finished boxes up to 50 lbs onto pallets and prepares it for shipping by placing labels onto the boxes and wrapping the pallet in plastic.
- Label each individual box with accurate barcode labels.
- Sort and neatly stack extra cardboard boxes leftover from a packaging run by size and types.
- Maintain all working areas by keeping all areas clean and organized while working; ensuring floors are clear of all debris, including bags, boxes, and potatoes.
- Conform and adhere to all established company policies and procedures and government legislation pertaining to occupational health and safety.
- Ensure machines and floors are clear of all debris and potatoes during the product change over.
- Other duties as assigned by the production supervisor and/or machine operator.
- Be physically fit to lift and stack boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Basic English language skills to read, understand and follow instructions, and adhere to rules and regulations.
- Pallet jack experience is an asset.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and willingness to learn.
- Able to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
The Little Potato Company is an innovative, fast-growing company in a unique niche market. Our future looks very bright, and so could yours. Not yet passionate about potatoes? No worries – it’s inspiring around here.
We’ve worked hard to build an award-winning workplace where people feel like a family. If you share our people-centered values, we’d love to talk.
Apply for this role
You can apply directly for this role by following the link below.Apply Now